Apex Legends is a free to play first-person shooter battle royal that has taken the world by storm. It was developed by Respawn Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. It was made available across all platforms on February 4, 2019. If you are new to the game, you may be having a hard time winning fights. The game takes place in the Titanfall universe. Unlike previous editions, however, it is only a battle royal with no single-player campaign. Moreover, the game has a hero-based system with each hero having special abilities that can help them and their teams win a fight. Here are the top 10 reasons you keep losing fights in Apex Legends:
1. You Are Not Taking Advantage of Advance Movement and Combat Techniques
Unlike Titanfall, Apex Legends is a boots on ground game. This may seem to restrict mobility but that is not the case. There are a few techniques that the Apex community has developed that can give you an advantage when it comes to mobility. These techniques can greatly increase your chances of winning a fight. Here are some:
- The slide jump.
This is where one sprints, jumps and immediately slides on landing. As you may know from training sliding is much faster than sprinting. This slide jump is an advanced method that will see you move faster than a sprinting opponent. Moving like this can get you inside the ring faster or can help you run away from a bad situation.
- The bunny hop
In this technique, you alternate between jumping, crouching and sliding in rapid succession causing you to hop short distances. It may take some practicing but it will be worth it. Implementing this in a fight will make it harder for the enemy to shoot you. This will make it much easier to win the fight.
- The wall peek
In the wall peek, you start a wall climb but do not carry through with the forward key after your hands get to the top of the wall. This will leave you suspended on the wall with only your head peeking out. This is a great way to scout an area as it makes it harder for the enemy to spot you.
- The strafe
It is where you move right and left while aiming down sights. This makes you a moving target and consequently relatively harder to hit. It is never a fair fight against a strafing and non-strafing opponent; make sure you are not the latter.
All these movements require lots of practice. My advice is to carry them out over and over again in training mode till they become second nature.
2. Not Taking Advantage of High Ground
High ground refers to an area that is higher than the other areas surrounding it. In Apex high ground gives you an often unfair advantage over your enemies. Here are some of those advantages:
- For starters, you will be harder to see. Players are normally too focused on the ground as it is where loot and enemies come from. This will give you the element of surprise.
- It gives you cover. If a fight gets too intense you can just pull back and heal up before reengaging. Moreover, if anyone tries to push you they would be putting themselves at a fatal disadvantage.
- High ground helps you hide from scans from Bloodhound. Bloodhound can scan houses, and see through walls. However, it only does this to a particular angle and range. If high enough the scan will not get you. Now the hunter can become the hunted.
3. You Are Not Repositioning
There is no shame in running away from a fight. Knowing when to run is the very thing that makes professional players great. Repositioning may be due to many reasons. Here are a few:
- When getting third partied – This is where you are fighting a team, and another team decides to join the fight. This would put you at a major disadvantage. The best thing to do would be to run away, heal up, and then reengage. Now you become the third party, and can melt down the two teams easily.
- When you need to use meds or shields- Going into a fight with half your shields or health is like having a death wish. The best thing to do in this situation will be to reposition to some cover and heal up. You can then reengage with full health and a higher chance of winning the fight.
- When you are outnumbered- Sometimes you are the only one left in your squad and you meet up with a full squad. The best chance you have would be to reposition to new cover, and wait for them to come to open ground. You can then down them one by one.
4. You Are Playing a Fight Too Long
There are no silent weapons in Apex. Therefore, once you start a fight there is a high chance that another team is on its way. To avoid being third partied you should try and finish the fight as soon as possible. This will give you enough time to loot death boxes, reload, and heal up. Having done this you will be ready for the next fight.
5. You Are Not Carrying Enough Meds and Shields
As I stated earlier, going into a fight with half your health or shield will put you at a major disadvantage. This would make it essential that you ensure that you have enough heals for a fight. Check your inventory and make sure you have at least six med packs and shield cells just in case you need them. This will save you from needing to loot in the middle of a fight.
6. Not Paying Enough Attention to the Circle
The circle in Apex has received a slight buff in its damage and speed. This has made it unforgiving to anyone outside the zone. Moreover, Lifeline can no longer use her healing drone outside the zone as it is destroyed after a few seconds. It has become more important than ever to pay attention to the zone. Fighting inside the zone should also be avoided as it will let everyone inside the zone know exactly where you are. Imagine winning the fight getting to the zone just to have your whole squad wiped by a squad that heard your fight.
7. Your Sensitivity Settings Suck
Finding the perfect sensitivity is a personal journey that only you can take. Sure you may look up how Shroud has his set up and copy it but it may put you at a disadvantage. First of all, you do not have the same skill level that he does and secondly, your equipment may differ. The only sure way to get the best sensitivity for you is to experiment. Head into training and try out different settings until you find one that best fits your play style. This will have you melting down teams in no time.
8. You Do Not Play with Your Team
Till the recent Iron Crow event Apex was a 3 team game. If you are not a team player you should consider playing the solos mode otherwise, it would be very difficult to win a game. Being a team game, you should always try to stick with your team. Even if they are really bad at the game they can still help you out. This will prevent you from being overrun by an enemy team.
9. You Are Not Using Your Abilities
Every legend has a passive ability, main ability, and ultimate ability. Choosing a legend to main all comes down to your play style. This makes it important to try all the legends to familiarize you with them. Learn how to use their abilities both offensively and defensively. For instance Wraiths “into the void” ability may be used offensively to flank enemies or defensively to avoid damage in the circle.
10. You are not using Throwables
Throwables such as grenades and Arc stars are often underestimated. Throwing them is often a skill under looked by most players as they focus on gunfights. They are the most powerful weapons in the game capable of taking down a whole squad of enemies. However, most of them need to be used at just the right time to gain maximum damage from them. Here are some tips.
- Use Thermite grenades to block
enemies’ paths. This can help prevent enemies from retreating or advancing.
- Use Frag grenades to get unsuspecting campers in a building. This can be useful against Caustic and Watson traps as it can destroy them.
- Channel your inner ninja to stick arc stars on enemies. This causes massive damage to their shields and health.
The Final Word
These are just some of the top 10 reasons you keep losing fights in Apex Legends. However, now that you know them you can be in a better position to handle them. Having this in paired with constant practice will have you winning games in no time.
1 thought on “Why You Keep Losing Fights in Apex Legends”
Check us out Apex Stream Team